At New β Innovation Ltd., we are committed to providing our customers, contractors, employees, and other users of this website (collectively, "Member(s)") with exceptional service. As providing this service involves the collection, use and disclosure of some personal information about our Members, protecting their personal information is one of our highest priorities.
We respect our Members' personal privacy and are committed to maintaining their trust and confidence. Please take time to read this policy, and contact us, using the information below, if any questions or concerns should arise
There is no obligation for Members to provide their personal information to us. However, if the personal information requested by us is not provided, we may not be able to provide the services and/or products ("Services") as required by the Member.
This personal information may be collected directly from our Members through their interactions with our company, through services and content, including online, that we make available to Members, or as result of services or other input Members provide to us. Such information may include, but is not limited to, name, age, contact details, employment history, and education history including qualifications, occupation or business details including areas of specialization.
Unless the purposes for collecting personal information are obvious and Members voluntarily provides their personal information for those purposes, we will communicate the purposes for which personal information is being collected, either orally or in writing, before or at the time of collection.
The purposes for which personal information relating to our Members may be used are as follows:
• the provision of our Services to Members;
• conduct credit reference checks;
• processing of any payment instructions, direct debit facilities and/or credit facilities in relation to provisioning of our Services or requested by Members;
• enabling the daily operation of the Members' accounts and/or the collection of amounts outstanding in the Members' accounts in relation to our Services;
• conduct market research, customer, product and service surveys;
• processing of any benefits arising out of or in connection with our Services;
• subject to the requirements of B.C.'s Personal Information Protection Act and Canada's Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("Legislation");
• handling of complaints and enquiries from the Data Subject or other parties;
• prevention or detection of crime;
• joint marketing programs with third parties;
• provisioning of our Services by third parties;
• observing any legal, governmental or regulatory requirements including any disclosure or notification requirements, to which we are subject;
• any other purposes ancillary and relating thereto.
Disclosure to the Third Parties
We will not sell or disclose Members' personal information without their consent, except where such disclosure is reasonably necessary for normal business operations and such disclosure is in accordance with all applicable data protection and privacy laws.
• We have the individual's permission to make the disclosure
• The disclosure is required by law, legal process or mandatory professional standards
• The disclosure is reasonably related to the sale or other disposition of all or part of our business; but we will take reasonable steps to make you aware of such an event so that you might update your preferences in respect to how we process your personal information
• The information in question is publicly available
• The disclosure is reasonably necessary for the establishment of legal claims
Information about our Relationship with ADP
For our Members who are looking to apply to current career opportunities with us, the application process will be through a career portal created by Automatic Data Processing's (ADP) WorkforceNow (WFN) platform. The WFN platform is an application from ADP that we use in our Human Resource (HR) department to manage our human capital. That said Members who are currently employed with us will also be using the platform to perform HR related tasks.
Transferring and Securing Personal Information
Personal information of the Member will be kept confidential but we may disclose or transfer (whether in Canada or Abroad) such data to our associate or related companies.
We are committed to ensuring the security of our Members' personal information to protect it from unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification or disposal or similar risks.
The following security measures will be followed to ensure that our Members' personal information is appropriately protected:
• Use of locked filing cabinets
• Physically securing offices where personal information is held
• The use of user IDs, passwords, encryption, and firewalls
• Restricting employee access to personal information
We will use appropriate security measures when destroying Members' personal information such as shredding documents and deleting electronic documents that are no longer required.
We will continually review and update our security policies and controls as technology changes to ensure ongoing personal information security.
Providing Members Access to Personal Information
Members have a right to access their personal information, request copies of their personal information, and request correction of any such information that is inaccurate, subject to limited exceptions, which are as follows:
• The information is protected by solicitor-client privilege
• Disclosure of the information would reveal confidential commercial information that if disclosed, could, in the opinion of
a reasonable person, harm the competitive position of the organization
• The information is in a document that is subject to a solicitor's lien
• The disclosure could be expected to threaten the safety or physical or mental health of an individual other than the
individual who made the request
• The disclosure would reveal personal information about another individual
A request to access personal information must be made in writing and provide sufficient detail to identify the personal information being sought. The request can be made out to the Privacy department through email. The email address is Privacy@newbinnovation.ca
We will make the requesting information available within 30 business days, or provide written notice of an extension where additional time is require to fulfill the request.
Questions and Complaints
The Privacy Department is responsible for ensuring New β Innovation Ltd.'s compliance in with this policy and Legislation.
Members should direct any complaints, concerns or questions regarding New β Innovation Ltd.'s compliance in writing to the Privacy Department.
Contact information for New β Innovation Ltd.'s Privacy Department:
ATTN: Privacy Department
New β Innovation Ltd
168-8508 Glenlyon Pky
Burnaby, BC V5J 0B6